OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We comply with all relevant privacy laws, including the requirements applicable to us under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and relevant State laws.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect personal information in the provision of our products and services, including the marketing of our products and services. We collect personal information so that we can provide products, services and information to our customers and potential customers.
We also collect information where we are required to do so by law.
We do not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not provide your personal information to us.
The types of personal information we collect depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Your name and contact details, including email, address, mailing address and mobile number
- Identification details, such as date of birth
- Information regarding your use of or interest in our products and services
- How you make payments to us in any transaction, such as payment details. This could include bank account and debit or credit card
- Your transaction history with us
- Records of communications and dealings with you, such as emails, SMS, telephone, and in-person communications
- Information regarding your use of our website
- Information we may collect as part of a survey, customer feedback request or a competition
- Information that you provide to us, for example, for verification, as evidence in respect of a
We collect information about people who are our suppliers and business partners, or who are employed by our suppliers and business partners. The information we collect is that which we need to do business with that party.
When you communicate with us, we may collect additional information including how best to manage communications with you.
When using our online services, including our websites, our system may automatically collect information about you and how you use our online services.
We may collect information such as:
- user name and password
- which services you use and how you use them
- which pages you visit and which products you are view
- device information, such as the model and ID of the device you use, operating system, telephone number and mobile phone network
- server log information, such as details of how you used the service, IP address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your use and referral URL
- information that may uniquely identify your browser or your account
- location information.
If you visit our website, we collect information on your use of the website, such as pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and mouse or cursor movements, as well as information more commonly collected such as the referring URL, browser, device, operating system, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We may use publicly available sources to approximate your geographic region and Internet Service Provider based on your IP address.
We may use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, and server logs. These technologies help us track your usage and remember your preferences.
For example, cookies are small files that store information on your computer browser, TV, mobile phone or other device. Cookies enable the entity that placed the cookie to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and browsing sessions. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual cookies or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. Turning off cookies may also disable functions of many websites you visit. You can disable cookies but our online services may not work as intended if you do so.
Other than for statistical information and user behaviour on our website, we do not collect any information about you through our website unless you voluntarily provide the information to us.
Analytics cookies and tracking tags may also be used to collect information about your use of our website (visitation data) that allow our third-party website analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to help us analyse trends and understand our website users’ behaviour patterns in the aggregate.
Information collected by the Google Analytics cookie or tracking tag is transmitted to, and stored by, Google in accordance with its privacy practices. To opt out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For further information about Google’s targeted advertising systems, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
You can visit this page to opt out of targeted advertising if the advertiser is a member of NAI: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
We use the Shopify service and its Shop Pay payment service to assist us manage our website and collect payments. Please see https://shop.app/legal-and-policies for more details of their privacy practices.
We use Okendo to provide user review functionality on our website. Please see https://www.okendo.io/privacy-policy/ for more details of their privacy practices.
We do not accept responsibility for the content or practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to from or that link to our websites, however we do take reasonable steps to ensure that our commercial partners protect personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Sensitive information includes information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and criminal record.
Usually, we don’t collect sensitive information. If we need to do so, we will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent and where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so, or if we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information. If you provide us with sensitive information, we will consider that you have consented to us collecting it.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is collected in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you voluntarily give it to us, when you enter your personal details on our website, when you use or enquire about or acquire our products or services, including from your use of our websites
- when you contact our support function
- when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites
- when you interact with our websites, online content and advertising
- when you undertake a transaction on our marketplace
If you choose not to provide us with information, we may be unable to supply products or services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you
- to implement transactions that you participate in via our website
- to identify you and to assist you to obtain and use our products and services
- to recommend or consider your eligibility for our products and services
- to administer and manage our products and services including the completion of transactions and delivery of products and services acquired
- to respond to inquiries from you
- to provide you with customer support
- to monitor and detect possible fraud or breaches of our terms and conditions of service
- to ensure that our website is used in a legal and responsible manner
- to ensure that you and your account with us complies with all relevant laws and your contractual obligations to us
- to process payments
- to improve our products and services
- to conduct research
- for security purposes, including to perform functions that we believe are necessary to protect the security and proper functioning of our website
- to comply with our legal obligations, assist in the enforcement of laws, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements
- to investigate or pursue a legal claim
- to administer surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- to make special offers related to our products and services
- to gain an understanding of your needs to provide you with better and more personalised products and services tailored to your requirements
- to promote and market our products
- to maintain and update our records
- as otherwise required or authorised by law
DIRECT MARKETING & UNSUBSCRIBE
We may use and disclose your personal information to carry out consumer, market, community and product research, compile demographics and perform other analysis so that we can develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services.
If you unsubscribe from marketing communications, this will not stop you receiving service-related communications from us if we are otherwise legally entitled to send them to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- to and between our related bodies corporate
- to our commercial partners in any product or service offering
- to government agencies, regulators and law enforcement bodies
- to insurance companies
- to a court or tribunal
- to anyone who acquires or considers acquiring our assets or business (or part of it)
- to a person who serves us with a subpoena or other legal document requiring us by law to disclose information or documents about you to them
- to our consultants, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, service providers and professional advisors, who assist us in operating our business, for example to payment service providers, customer analytics providers, mail house operators, banks, investigators, and organisations that we engage to deal with you on our
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Australia, including to our related bodies corporate, to contractors, and providers of payment services.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
We may store customer information (including personal information and payment information) in a variety of formats, including electronic or paper formats.
We take measures to enhance the security of our websites. If you are a customer, it is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. You should have a unique and complex password and make sure to regularly update your operating system. You must not disclose your password to others.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our websites are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. We cannot guarantee the total security of any data transmission over the Internet, however, we strive to protect your personal information.
A number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures are used to protect your personal information, including restricting access to offices, databases and firewalls to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorized use.
Although due care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided to us via electronic means or stored electronically. No security measures are perfect, and we cannot promise to be able to withstand security threats in all circumstances.
Personal information is only retained for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update and correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made, usually within 30 days. In some cases, we may charge a reasonable fee to provide access to your personal information, but we will never charge you a fee to make a request. If a fee applies, we will advise you before we provide access. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant, and not misleading.
If you would like to make an update or correction to any personal information we hold about you, please let us know by sending an email to the Privacy Officer.
If there is a reason for not granting you access to your information or making a correction to any personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to do so) and inform you of the mechanisms to complain about the refusal.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Australia, Canada and the United States.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND COMPLAINTS
For further information, or if you would like to make a complaint about our use, handling or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us via email at: email@example.com Following receipt of your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
If you would like more information about the Privacy Act or Australian privacy requirements in general, please visit the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If the changes are significant, we will aim to provide customers with an email notification of the changes.
Last updated on: 12 September 2022